DIRECTIONS FOR TEMPLATE USE: **Note: You must use Microsoft Word; WordPad will not work**
Please read the directions carefully before you begin. If you have never used Mail Merge before, find someone who has and have him or her help you through this. Please do not call the Mass Youth Soccer office with technical questions. If you do not recognize terminology in the directions below, enlist help from a computer-savvy parent in your club or search the Internet for Mail Merge help.
1. Click on the "Member Pass Template" link above and save the document on your computer. When you open it, you will most likely get a message that says "...is a Mail Merge Main Document. Word cannot find its data source, C:\My Documents... etc..." Hit the "Find Data Source" button, locate your roster and assign your roster to the document. Your roster must be in Microsoft Excel or an equivalent spreadsheet or database program.
2. Make sure the Mail Merge control toolbox is open in your toolbars.
3. If you need to change the roster you've assigned to the document, hit the "Open Data Source" button in the Mail Merge toolbar and assign your roster to the document.
4. Fill in the Age Group field (it is the only blank grey block -- it is a text field) on each of the eight cards on the page (use your mouse to click on the text field to activate it, then type in the age group. DO NOT enter spaces or hit the tab key as this will destroy the formatting). You will need to change the age group field in the original document if you are printing cards for several different age groups. We recommend that you split your roster up by age group, saving each as a separate file, BEFORE you use this template, then change the data source and the age group in the template, then create and print each group separately.
5. Hit the "Merge to New Document" button. This will generate a separate, multiple-page document that contains information from each registrant in your roster, formatted to line up with the spaces on the Member Passes.
6. Put US Youth Soccer Member Passes in your printer. Hit print.