PASSCARDS & ROSTERS
No one will be permitted to play without a valid signed and laminated passcard. Coaches, managers and anyone who might be on the players’ side of the field must also have a passcard. You are allowed four adult passcards per team. Passcards are ordered on-line from Mass Youth soccer. When your passcards and roster are ready they should be sent your assigned registrar to be signed and laminated. You can determine your registrar the checking the MAPLE website.
1. All passcards must be typed. Players no longer have to sign the cards.
2. Rip the cards apart. Do not send the blue membership half. Put the cards in alphabetical order and either rubber band them together or put them in a small envelope.
3. Coaches and managers must have passcards also. They use the same cards as the players, but it should say "coach" in the birthdate slot.
4. Pictures must be glued to the cards where it says "attach photo here." No paperclips or staples.
5. Black & white pictures or pictures with hats or sunglasses are not accepted. The pictures must be a 1" head shot.
6. It is recommended that you make copies of the front and back of each card and keep them
separately in case the originals are lost.
7. Out-of-state teams use the passcards and roster validated by their home state.
1. Rosters must be signed by the coach and the club registrar before it is sent to your area registrar. If you are a small club and do not have a club registrar, then it is the coach’s responsibility to check the birth certificates and MYSA affiliation forms and sign the Club/Town Certification box.
2. All rosters must be signed by your area registrar who is listed on our website.
3. Copies of the signed roster must be taken to the game and given to the referee and opposing coach.
4. The roster form can be found on the MAPLE website in the "Forms" section. All rosters must be typed and the names must be in alphabetical order.
5. If you have out-of-state players on your roster a permission for them to play in Massachusetts must be on file before the player can be put on your roster. The parents of the player should contact the appropriate state organization to get this permission.
6. Rosters for U10, U11 & U12 8v8 may have a maximum of 15 players. Rosters for U12 may have a maximum of 18 players. U13-U18 teams may roster 22 players but only 18 players may dress and play in each game.
7. For the U10 age group at least 50% of the roster must attain the age of 10 during the seasonal year. Rosters will be checked by the area registrars and rejected if they do not meet this criteria.
You must submit two copies of your roster at game time - one for the referee and one for the opposing coach. You may blank out the phone numbers and towns on these rosters if you wish. If your official roster has more than two pages you may combine them unto one page, but it must indicate that it is a "Game Roster" and it must be signed and verified by your registrar.
ADDS, DROPS & TRANSFERS
Once a player is on your roster they cannot be removed without a Player Status Form, found in the Forms section of the website. This is form is signed by the parents and player and submitted to the club who then forwards it to the area registrar with a new roster showing the player as a drop. If you cannot obtain a signed form from the parent, an email stating that the player is leaving the team can be submitted.
Players transferring between teams in the same club do not need a Player Status Form, but the club still needs to submit an add/drop roster.
A player may transfer between teams at any point in the season until the roster freeze deadline in May. The same Player Status Form is used and the same procedure is followed as for a drop. Transfers do not have to be signed or approved by the losing team.
A player who moves between two teams in the same club counts as a transfer and may not move back to their original team until the soccer year is over.
Teams are allowed five transfers per year. A transfer is only counted against the team gaining the player.
A transfer is defined as any player who has been previously rostered during the seasonal year to a town, MASC, NEP or other MAPLE team, even if the team no longer exists.
If you are adding a player who is currently not registered on another team:
1. On a new blank roster form type the player's name in the next available space, i.e., if you have 16 players on your roster you would use space 17.
2. In the far right blank type (or write) "add"
3. Send 3 copies with the passcard to your registrar office.
If a player is dropping from your roster and not joining another team:
1. On a new blank roster form type the player's name in the space that corresponds to his number on the original roster.
2. On the far right blank type (or write) "drop"
3. Send 3 copies of both the roster and a completed Player/Team Status form to your registrar
If you are adding and dropping two different players at the same time you may put them on the same roster form.
If a player is transferring to your team from either a town team, MASC team, NEP team or another Maple team you must fill out a Player/Team Status form.
1. On a new blank roster form type the player's name under "Transfers"
2. Send 3 copies of both the roster and 3 copies of the completed Player/Team Status form and the new passcard to your registrar. The Player/Status form is signed by the parents & player. It does not need the approval of the club
1. You will receive a copy of the player form from the office. When you have received it follow the directions under dropping a player and mail 3 copies of the new roster form and the player's old card to your registrar.